Neverwinter Campaign Guide
Double XP weekend runs from right now through Monday, 10 AM PT. Read on for detailed tips to help you level up faster, details of the next Neverwinter expansion, and how to join the Windows Central guild!
The importance of leveling up
Like any MMORPG, Neverwinter players will spend much of their time working towards the maximum experience level, 70. The game doesn't end there, though – that's when you reach the endgame content and the real fun begins.
Level 70 players can use powerful artifact equipment that can be leveled up independently, participate in Epic Dungeons, and most importantly, engage in endgame campaigns such as Dread Ring, Sharandar, Icewind Dale, and the Underdark. Those campaigns offer unlockable Boons, significant stat increases that make Level 70 players even more powerful.
The path from level 60 to 70 is a long one, though, as the XP requirements for leveling up increase dramatically. That's why it's so important to play as efficiently as you can during events like Double XP weekend!
Whether you're playing during Double XP weekend or any other time, these tips will help speed you along the path to Level 70:
- Daily Invocations: Once you reach level 11, you gain the ability to perform Invocations up to six times per day. After learning the ability from an NPC in Protector's Enclave, stand near any fire or Portable Altar and press Left Bumper + D-Pad Right to perform an invocation. You also gain Astral Diamonds (currency) and items from Invocations, so it's important to do them every day with all of your characters. Make a habit of Invoking at least at breakfast and bedtime, even if you can't squeeze in all six invocations.
- Daily Guild Stronghold Quests: You can join a guild at any level, but the NPCs in the Guild Stronghold won't start assigning quests until Level 21 or so. At that point, four of the NPCs will give a quest every day. These quests pay big experience dividends, so complete them as often as possible. The quest for recruiting workers in Protector's Enclave is especially fast and easy. If you need a guild, see Windows Central's recruitment details at the end of this story.
- Tyranny of Dragons Campaign: Upon reaching level 26, you can begin the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. This campaign gives at least, three quests daily, and awards Boons upon reaching certain milestones. You can only progress a certain amount per day in Tyranny, so be sure to start and keep up with it as soon as possible.
- Ensorcelled Weapons: You'll progress through the game faster if you have the best weapon for your character. Up until you reach level 70, the best weapons are Ensorcelled weapons. These Epic (Purple rarity) weapons level along with your character and have an enchantment slot for extra bonuses. The easiest way to get your main-hand and off-hand Ensorcelled weapons is to buy them from the Tarmalune Trade House (Auction house). You'll need Astral Diamonds, a currency earned by performing Invocations and completing Dungeons and Skirmishes. Depending on the popularity of your class, an Ensorcelled weapon will cost anywhere from 300-8, 000 AD.
- Level 60 – Vigilance Quests: Upon reaching Level 60, you'll gain access to areas with NPCs who give out Vigilance Quests. These quests are repeatable and refresh every hour, so you can work on them all day if you like. The four Vigilance Quest zones are Drowned Shore, Reclamation Rock, Fiery Pit, and Spinward Rise. By completing eight tasks in all three areas of each zone, you'll gain some quality gear, including your hero's main-hand Artifact Weapon.
- Level 60 – Underdark Campaign: At level 60, players can begin the Dwarven King quest arc of the Neverwinter campaign. This consists of nine Chapters (quests) that must be completed before beginning the primary Underdark campaign. Speak with the NPC Captain Belgold in Protector's Enclave to receive the first quest. You can't access the main Underdark campaign until level 70, but it's good to have the prelude out of the way before then.
Premium Items from the Zen Store
If you have money to burn and really want to speed the leveling process along, the in-game Zen Store has four premium items that boost XP gain: VIP Membership ($10 per month), Inscribed Garments ($15), Experience Booster ($9), and Epic Experience Booster ($50).
VIP Membership provides all of your characters with at least a 10% XP boost, and you get one Enchanted Key per day. Many serious long-term players opt for VIP Membership because of the premium items they get from those keys, plus the other bonuses that stack with more months of membership. For example, buying four months unlocks fast traveling and seven months provides immunity to injuries from traps and death.
The Inscribed Garments give a 20% XP boost and are an account-wide unlock, so the more characters you have, the more you'll benefit. The Experience boosters are for single characters only, but even one $10 booster will really hurry things along for that character.
Join the Windows Central Guild!
Guilds benefit Neverwinter players in several ways, such as those Stronghold Quests I mentioned earlier. All guilds provide access to the Guild Stronghold, a base of operations from which members can access their mail, banks, and more. And high-level guilds offer special benefits such as access to exclusive items and Boons (huge stat boosts).
Naturally Windows Central has an established Neverwinter Xbox One guild, and we'd love for you to join! We prefer players to be level 60 or higher, but anyone above level 30 is welcome. You must be an active player (playing multiple times per week), participate in Guild Chat, and regularly donate to the Guild Coffer (which helps us level up the guild and build new structures).
To join, send EastX a message on Xbox Live with your Character Name and Gamertag. Be sure to leave your old guild if you're in one. See these resources too:
We look forward to questing with you!
The Maze Engine Campaign
Every three months or so, Perfect World Entertainment unleashes a new Neverwinter expansion and campaign. The last expansion, Underdark, arrived back in February. The next expansion is called The Maze Engine, and it promises some welcome additions and improvements.
- PC Games top rated Games.